Monday, August 10, 2009

Long Distance

This past Saturday was one of the longest distances we will do in training for the 1/2 marathon...8-9 miles. It was grueling. With all of our training over 6 miles, it seems as though you hit a wall at the 6 mile point and then work through it. Around 8 miles, there is a even harder wall. My legs started to lock up, ankles got tight, etc. I could see the finish line and kept going. I ran between 3-4 miles of the 8-9 miles and Amy ran the majority. 4 weeks from today we will have accomplished our goal. I can't believe it is almost here.
I was talking to my dad this weekend about how hard it is for me to run long distances. I have never been good at it. I told him that I have three goals: Finish the Race, Don't be the last one to finish & Start/Finish the race running.

No comments:

Post a Comment